8 celebrities involved in car accident in 2015

15 Dec 2015

Dumelo Suit BlueJohn Dumelo

We celebrate them everyday and it’s quite disheartening when we hear of them involved in bad situations. Their lives and careers demand that they move all over the place for one thing or the other.

Accidents do occur and unfortunately, these Ghanaian celebs got caught in various accidents in the line of duty. We thank God that no one lost his life and they are all back to work and doing well.

Below are 8 Ghanaian celebs who got involved in accidents this year.

John Dumelo

It was a minor accident with no injuries. The actor, who turned 31 on February 2, was involved in the accident the same day at American House in East Legon, when a mini pick-up truck hit the right bumper of his Toyota Tundra.

He posted the following message on his Instagram page: “Time is 9:34 am. The devil is a liar……some dude just ran into me. At least let me celebrate my birthday finish eh. The agenda for the day will still continue…..Thanks to the Ghana police for the swift response…..” he said.

Vicky Zugah

The beautiful Ghanaian actress got involved in an accident on the GIMPA road in July of this year whiles returning from a movie set. According to her, she was coming from the set of movie, ‘Dream Realities’ around 2 am when the incident occurred. She narrated that she was from UPSA when a KIA truck carrying a kiosk collided with her car.

The kiosk which was on the truck, fell on her car and her windscreen crashed on her. Her screams attracted another driver who carried her to the hospital. She got bruised on her face and her eye which was blood shot.

Doctor’s initially feared that splinters of broken glass from the windscreen may have fallen on her eye. Even though the hit and run driver has since not been seen, Vicky has recovered fully from the accident and her eye and face are perfect.

Vivian Jill Lawrence

The Kumawood star was driving from Kumasi to Accra when the incident occurred around Amasaman in October this year. Even though details with regards to how the accident occurred never came out, sources indicated that the car of the actress somersaulted resulting in injuries to her.

She was sent to the 37 Military for treatment and later discharged to go continue treatment and recovery at home in Kumasi. She has since recovered fully and recently showed us her beautiful self in new photos posted on her social media platform.

Bisa Kdei

‘The Mansa and Brother Brother’ hitmaker was involved in an accident with his Black Legendary Music crew when they were returning from a show in Mampong in September. The accident occurred after the toll booth on the Aburi highway. Two vehicles of the team, a Toyota Corolla and a Jaguar got damaged in the accident. According to sources, the Corolla hit the Jaguar from behind. Thankfully, no member of the team got injured in the accident.

Kofi Okyere Darko

The accident occurred at dawn of 1st April and was initially considered an April fool prank by Ghanaians, unfortunately, it wasn’t. The radio and television personality affectionately called KOD, was indeed involved in an accident on the N1 motorway.

His Jaguar saloon car got completely damaged when he crashed into another vehicle on the N1 motorway. He was admitted at the 37 Military Hospital. He got discharged days later and he has fully recovered and back to work.

Barima Sidney

Controversial musician, Barima Sidney was involved in an accident on farmers day this year with his newly acquired Range Rover. He was on his way to Tamale with his personal assistant when the incident occurred.

According to him in an interview after the accident indicated that the bonnet of the Range Rover, caused the accident. He said the bonnet which wasn’t well closed, opened whiles he was driving and hit the windscreen causing the accident.


Ghanaian hiplife star, Kontihene was involved in an accident in February this year whiles on his way to a radio station to promote his song, Dedeede. The accident occurred when a long bus run into the musicians Lexus causing damage to the bumper and headlight of the vehicle. He was also reported to have suffered minor injuries.

Yaa Pono

Yaa Pono was involved in an accident somewhere in June whiles on his way to Koforidua for an event. The rapper after the incident shared a photo of it on Instagram with the caption; “Thnx to God for his mercies.”

NEWS – NAMIBIA | 2014-01-16

A life wasted by a careless traffic act

Jordaania Andima

SITTING ALONE … Lucas Thomas enjoys sitting near a bus stop, which is situated a street away from his house. He sits there the whole day and when it gets dark he crawls back home, pushing his wheel chair
FOURTEEN years ago, Lucas Thomas was walking on the pavement along Eveline Street in Greenwell Matongo, when the self-employed shoemaker was suddenly hit by a car whose driver did not stop.

At the time, Lucas was living in the area with his brother, and was rushing home after work when the accident happened.Now aged 60, Lucas is paralysed and epileptic.

Although his family indicated that the case was reported at Wanaheda Police Station, The Namibian could not get any details regarding the matter, after officers at the information desk declared they would need a case number, and the date when the matter was reported.

Lucas’ nephew Simon alleges that the driver involved in the hit-and-run accident is known to the police. He further claims the policeman, who worked on the case, was a friend of the driver and the case, therefore, wasn’t followed up on.

Simon says his family found out about the driver’s identity through a neighbour who witnessed the accident and took down the car’s registration number, which was allegedly also provided to the police.

“Officials at the scene told us that it was a hit-and-run; and because of the little evidence gathered, the person responsible has not been arrested yet.”

According to Simon, the man admitted the crime when he was approached by the family. However, he seemingly did not care about his actions.

“As soon as we found out we went over to his house and confronted him but he didn’t seem interested in what we were discussing,” stated Simon. “Although he admitted to doing it, he vigorously refused to help with the hospital costs.”

When Simon and his family went back to the police station to find out more about the case, they were apparently told that the docket had disappeared.

Following the accident in 2000, the case is still pending.

“It’s been 14 years now and the case has still not been resolved. I don’t think the police care anymore because the young man passed away.” said Simon. “He committed suicide and I think it’s because he felt guilty.”

The Namibian could not confirm this though.

With no financial help from the driver’s family, Simon had difficulties paying Lucas’ medical expenses. He said that since Lucas did not have medical aid it made matters even more difficult.

“We tried to gather money, so that we can take him to a rehabilitation centre for treatment but we just didn’t have the funds,” expressed Simon.

As the family struggled to raise the necessary funds, a Catholic Care Centre in their neighbourhood offered to assist with Lucas’ treatment in Mariental.

After three months of intensive treatment and therapy, Lucas was finally able to partially move his upper body.

Although parts of his body started functioning again, his lower body remained paralysed.

Today, Lucas needs further treatment. “Right now his left arm is the only strong one. He can push his wheel chair by crawling on the floor because he cannot push it while seated.” said Simon. For years, Simon had to assist his uncle. He bathed him, changed his cloths, carried him to the toilet and put him to bed. Simon explained that at the time it was very difficult to care for his uncle as he also needed to work. Two months ago, Simon was retrenched after he sustained injuries while on duty.

The young man is now unemployed.

“It was hard to leave him at home without proper care as I had to go to work. Especially when he suffered occasional seizures,” Simon said.

“It’s difficult to convince him to give him a bath or change his clothes as he is not comfortable being touched. As soon as you touch him, he reacts. I don’t know- maybe he is scared or just in pain. It’s hard to tell.”

Lucas’ condition remaines unchanged. He spends most of his day sitting at a bus stop, which is situated at a market in Wanaheda. Guarded by the family dogs Shill and Bravo, he sits quietly in the sun facing south, watching the day go by. Occasional passers-by sometimes stop to donate food and money.

When it gets dark, he crawls back home, pushing his wheel chair with his only functioning left arm up the hill into the streets. “He does this every day. I don’t know why he does it, but I think he enjoys sitting there because whenever we try to bring him home, he protests in his own way,” Simon said.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s